dinsdag 29 april 2014

Oven Roasted Potatoes


This is another favourite of ours made when the new potatoes are at the market.I have used garden grown Thyme leaves. Often I have asked friends to smell this herb & they all have told me it reminded them of Ajwain, but Thyme is not Ajwain...they do smell very much alike.

Anyway, give it a try.

All you need is:
Fresh / new potatoes ( nieuwe aardappelen) cut into pieces with its skin on.
(2 medium sized potatos per person ,I learned this from my M I L )
Crushed Garlic
Sea salt to taste
Few twiggs of the fresh Thyme
Plenty of Olive oil
Crushed Black pepper.


Method:
Mix all the above ingredients well and bake in a pre heated oven 180 deg. for 1/2 an hour the tray covered with an aluminium foil.
After half hour bring the temp. to 150 deg. Remove cover give the potatos a
stir & bake for another one hour or until they are almost crisp.

Check if they are done before you switch off the oven.

Serve with Thyme & Cucumber in Yogurt Sauce(already shown in my blog) or Mayonaise.
Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten