donderdag 29 augustus 2013

Chicken/Meat Kebab


When I grew up chicken or meat was never a must in our daily food. However,  I
remember we had fish every evening for dinner as we lived close to the
seaside(Malpe). Meat was ment for guests so when preparations were made for a
chicken or meat curry often we were expecting guests..........

I have given up meat.... to be honest sometimes I have cheated by having the
rice part of the biriyani or the gravey of a chicken curry.But my husband
has compleately given up chicken or any meat so I dont cook any non
veg. Instead, we have as much fish as possible.

However, when we get guests at home I have made this recipe which has been
well appriciated by all.
Recently I made this when Viren had come to have dinner with us. One bite
into the kabab he asked me:"Aunty who made this? " When I told him I had, he
replied: "this is exactly how kebab shoul be" & I said to myself 'I have a
recipe for my blog!'

So try this out. Its simple and easy. You would have noticed & agree with me
by now that I use very few spices and herbs yet am able to bring out a
delicious dish.

Ingredients:
500 gms. of any minced meat /chicken

1 rusk or 1.4 cup of fine bread crums
5 cloves of garlic
Ginger (same amount as the garlic)
1 heaped tsp. black pepper powder
1 tsp.garam masala powder
1 tsp.turmeric powder
1/2 tsp.red chilly powder
Two handfull fresh coriander leaves
One handfull mint leaves
Juice of half a lemon
Salt to taste



Method: 
Grind to a fine paste the ginger, garlic,coriander & mint leaves.

To this add the chicken/meat mince & all the other ingredients and mix very
well.

Make round or oval shaped kebabs and shallow fry in a greased pan for
10 to 15 minutes on either sides.

Slice a kebab to check if meat is well
cooked.

Serve with mint or tomato chutney as a starter.

Enjoy!

Tips:No need to use extra oil to shallow fry the kababs as the minced meat
does give out a lot of fat when cooking.
Fry a mall piece of the kebab to check if it is salted well.
Make kebabs and deep freeze them by placing a layer of the baking paper to
avoid getting the kebabs sticking to each other.
Kebabs can be grilled on a BBQ or an oven.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten