zondag 23 maart 2014

Capsicum/ Paprika Stirfry



I love to have my ripe red or yellow capsicum raw, or even better, its juice extracted from a low juicer. It  took me a while to drink this juice as I was not a fan of the paprika. In Udupi  where I grew up we only got small green ones which were not my favourite at all. These green ones have a strong taste, while the red & the yellow ones are very sweet and you can just  eat them raw.
During hot summer days Jan & myself would bike all the way to the Hague Market just to buy them in bulk to extract juice. Once I started enjoying it I realised how SO YUMMY it was ! And full of vitamins too!
Here is also a recipe, to show you how to make an easy stirfry with these delicious vegetable.


Ingredients
Mixed Capsicum / Paprica (3nos.)
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 large onions slices.
1/2 tsp.of Turmeric/kurkuma powder
Seasoning(option)Mustard, cumin & dry red chilly

Method:
1.  Slice the capsicum & the onions as shown.
2.  Heat a Tab. sp of oil (you can use any oil here)add when the oil is hot lower the flame   remove pan from fire & add the seasoning i.e.

3.  1/2 tsp. of whole black mustard, allow the mustard seed to crackle.

4.  Then add the 1/4 tsp. of whole Cumin seed & the dry red chilly.

5.  Add then 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder & Salt to taste.

6.  Bring the pan back on fire & add the sliced the onions& crushed garlic & fry on medium   flame for 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are translucent.

7.  Now add the sliced capsicum & stir fry for two minutes on high flame.

8.  Sprinkle some freshly grated or desicated coconut .

Serve with a chapati or rice.

Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten